Chief Communications Officer
Education & Certifications
- B.S. English
- Western Baptist College ‘05
Leadership & Service
- Eastern Oregon Mission Board of Directors
- President; 2019-2020
- Martha’s House Committee Chair; 2021-Current
- Hermiston Rotary Club
- Program Chair; 2022-Present
- Chambers of Commerce
- Graduate of Leadership Pendleton, 2013
- Graduate of Leadership Hermiston, 2016
- Developed “Hermiston Projects” website, winner of 2020 Helen & Alan Berg Good Governance Award (LOC), for City of Hermiston.
- Completed Worst Case Scenario Spill Drills for Zenith Energy in 2019 and 2022.
- Winner of Editorial Writing, Front Page Design, and General Excellence awards from the Oregon Newspaper Publishers Association.
Daniel excels at bringing focus and purpose to communications and public engagement campaigns, helping clients reach their audience through a variety of media and platforms. He is a lifelong resident of the Columbia Basin with a close connection to rural issues, and has worked extensively with local government, health care, education, and agricultural clients. Using his background in journalism, Daniel distills clear messages out of complex issues. He is experienced at building a collaborative base of support among relevant parties for large-scale projects.
Joining the team in 2019, Daniel spent the first part of his career in print and digital journalism, including 10 years as an editor at the East Oregonian in Umatilla County.
- Media Relations
- Campaign Consulting
- Strategic Communications
- Collateral Design
- Local Government
- Crisis Communications
Daniel cares about…
Building stronger communities through collaboration. Healthy communities run on the power of involvement and engagement from many people. Daniel has been inspired by the active members and leaders of service groups in the places he has lived and worked, and has stepped into both leadership and volunteer roles. He believes in building support and growing teams for important causes to ensure they are sustainable.
Get to know Daniel
Daniel is a dedicated fan of the Seattle Mariners, a collector and appreciator of music from the past 70 years, and an expert planner of vacations for his family. He has seen 99 of the 100 movies on the American Film Institute’s Top 100 Greatest American Films of All Time list.
Meet the Rest of Our Team